Thursday, December 10, 2009

Big news...

So about that idea of wearing the boot and avoiding surgery....well that didn't work out so well. I went in to talk to the doctor again last night, and we decided that surgery really is the best option. This is what it comes down to, even if I can get the injury to calm down now, there is about a 99% chance that it would flare up again at some point when I go back to running and CrossFit. And frankly, I don't ever want to deal with this again. No date yet, but the plan is to get it done before the holidays. There really isn't a reason to put it off, I'd rather just get it done and start the healing as soon as possible! Unfortunately that's the tough part - the healing. Surgery will be easy, but recovery....well, not so much. Probably looking at 4 weeks on crutches, no weight bearing on the foot at all. Then another 2 weeks of light weight - meaning probably looking super awesome and walking with 1 crutch. After all of that I will still have to wait another 6 weeks before I can do any sort of high impact activity. Sorry CrossFit buddies, I'm still out for another 3 months. So sad. :(

So there's the news. I apologize now if I get a little whiny while dealing with this, it's going to be tough, and I just can't wait until it's all done.

1 comment:

admin said...

Thought I would comment and say cool theme, did you create it on your own? It looks excellent!
I'm having a tiny problem I cannot make my reader pick up your rss feed, I'm using google reader fyi.
To the point and written well, ty for the informationOLANSI FACTORY