Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The truth comes out...

Tonight is my appointment with the podiatrist, where I will hopefully get my MRI results (finally!). I don't really know what I'm expecting, but I know that I have 2 distinct worries of what the outcome could be.

1. They tell me that my foot is totally jacked up and I need to wear a walking boot for X number of weeks. This would totally suck. First off, wearing a walking boot is annoying, plus I will be highly annoyed that they didn't put me in the stupid thing 6 weeks ago preemptively and get the stupid thing healed. (Plus I recently bought 2 pairs of cute boots and I would much rather be wearing those!)

2. They tell me that they don't see anything wrong with my foot. Well then I will be totally confused! I would like for my foot to be healed and get back to normal, but I also feel a need for some sort of validation for the pain I am feeling. I really don't think it's all in my head (I think I proved that when I tried running), and I really don't think I'm making it out to be worse than it really is to use as an excuse to be lazy. I am really not enjoying being lazy, it kind of sucks.

So, ideally, they will tell me that X is wrong, but can be healed quickly and easily by doing Y. (I know, highly unlikely, but we'll see.) So keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

No comments: