Thursday, February 4, 2010

I apologize...

So I started reading back through old blog posts today....and I realized that all of my posts since November have been about my foot. I'm sorry blog readers (if there are any of you left) that must have been incredibly boring for you. I promise to get better. One quick update though, and then I promise I have something else to talk about today! :)

I am now "boot-less"! Hooray! No more wearing the giant, ugly, uncomfortable boot. I can't even tell you how exciting it was today to wear matching shoes, yes I actually got to wear a left shoe again. (I missed them so much...) I still have to wear an ankle brace (dug out my one from high school volleyball days...glad I held on to it!) The doc even said that I could start swimming and biking (well sort of - I don't really count pedaling aimlessly with no resistance as riding my bike, but the doctor does). Giving myself today and tomorrow to just get used to walking without the boot, but Saturday morning I plan on getting my bike on the trainer! :)

Ok, so now for the other stuff. I got 2 new books in the mail! I'm pretty excited about getting into these. I have heard lots of good things about Born to Run from some friends and Runner's World says Once a Runner is the best novel about running. Good thing I have some plane trips coming up soon!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Can't speak to Once a Runner but I LOVED Born to Run. (I may have even blogged about it?) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Here's another one to check out... Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm 2/3 through and can't put it down!!