Monday, March 15, 2010

Diets/Way of Eating/Being Healthy/etc....

With my reduced exercise level lately (I'm working on increasing it!) I've been thinking about food a lot. Now sometimes it's just because I'm hungry and wondering what I'm going to eat next....but more often it's because I'm thinking about cleaning up my act. I know I have made steps towards that lately, stevia instead of splenda in my coffee, adding in more fruits and veggies, yummy greek yogurt for breakfast, etc... But here's where it gets tricky....a lot of what I'm seeing lately is telling me that everything that I think is healthy, really isn't. For example, many in the CrossFit community have adapted the Paleo way of eating. Paleo basically says all dairy, legumes, grains, and sugar are off limits, completely. So you get to eat meat, and veggies, and fruits and weird substitutes like sunflower butter and other oddities, but no bread/pasta/yogurt/milk. When did milk become bad for you? I'm confused! Aaaahhhh!!!

OK, so out of all of my confusion (I definitely toned it down here - there's so much more swirling around in my head!) here's what I think it comes down to for me. Everything in moderation. I will never survive with a plan that tells me "no, no, no". I'm more about the yes! So yes to veggies, yes to fruits, yes to lean meats, yes to real food, but also yes to milk, yes to hummus (oh my gosh - I couldn't live without it!), yes to vanilla greek yogurt for breakfast (yum!), and yes to a beer or 2 with friends occasionally. Basically yes to being healthy, but also yes to enjoying life and not stressing too much! :)

Aahhh....I feel better already. :)

1 comment:

amelia jac said...

In That Respect there r surely a lot of details like that to take into consideration
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little Soft Trending