Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home sweet home...

So I finally made it out of Denver! We were able to get on a flight to Lincoln, NE....then spent a few hours in the tiny airport there (they only have 4 gates!!) Then got the last 2 seats on the 2:48 flight to Chicago so we didn't have to hang out until the 6pm flight. Yea!! So after 27 hours of traveling (well mostly waiting and not traveling) I finally made it home. I never thought I would be so happy to see O'Hare airport.

But I did learn something....sleeping in the airport is no fun!
1. The floor is really hard
2. They don't turn off the stupid "please keep your luggage with you at all times" announcements at night
3. They like to polish and vacuum all of the floors at about 2am

So if you've never had to sleep at the airport....please don't look at it as something you must try sometime. It's really not that fun.

No comments: