Monday, August 11, 2008

Just another day....

Another day at work....and it's going by VERY slowly... Can't believe I still have at least another 4.5 hours to go. There is really only so much AutoCAD work I can do. Luckily I was given a Sprint card so that I can get off the corporate network to do some internet surfing and catch up on Velonews (seriously why would a company that promotes health and wellness block all sites that have anything to do with sports and recreation??)

I had quite a weekend, but unfortunately it wasn't so good athletic wise. On Friday, my sister and I joined a new friend from work for the Arlington Heights "Mane" Event. (There is a horse track in the area and they had a big race this weekend) It was basically a big block party and my sister and I may have had a few too many drinks. When we got ready to go home, she tried to get on my mountain bike (to ride back to my house) and promptly fell over. I then had to convince her that she was not able to ride, even though she insisted she was. So it was a long fun walk home, with a very creepy guy who "helped" us get home, and then proceded to walk right into my house, take his shirt off and say it was too late for him to go home. I quickly assured him that he would not be staying at my house because I had no idea who he was. (He tried to comfort me by telling me what high school he went to - no buddy, that doesn't help) So I grabbed my dog and offered to walk him back into town where his car was. He said he wasn't able to drive home and would just sleep on my couch. Nope sorry, your inability to drive home is not my problem. Finally, after enough arguing, I was able to make him angry enough that he started walking down the street in the direction of town. At which point I went into my house and closed and locked all of the windows. Scary, but problem solved. So at this point it is very late, so I finally crawled into bed realizing I probably wasn't going to make it out to the Barrington ride in 3 hours....

Saturday I woke up, tired, but felt ok. I relocated to the couch and turned on the Olympics, and that is pretty much where I stayed for the rest of the day. My mom came by at one point to watch the opening ceremonies since I had recorded them because we all missed them Friday night. Gotta say, they were pretty spectacular, but not sure if that's worth $300 million. I did find some time somewhere in the day to get the house cleaned and take a shower, and then it was back to Olympics. I thought about going out for an evening ride, but after only about 5 hours of sleep, I was still pretty tired. So I stayed on the couch and got to bed early.

Sunday, I was up early and took Ginger for a walk in town and then headed into work at the bike shop. Nothing really noteworthy happened, except for getting to work with Christine, one of the new sales people. She's nice, but knows absolutely nothing about bikes. When I first met her, I asked what she rides....her response, "I haven't been on a bike in years!!" So why are you working at a bike shop?? I guess she is the friend of one of the managers, but I still don't get it. If a person came off the street with absolutely no cycling experience we wouldn't hire them, so why is she so special? Oh well. Sunday was capped off with heading over to my mom's house for a fantastic steak dinner and, you guessed it, watching more Olympics. Oh yeah and keep an eye out for the Illini competing this year! Justin Spring on the men's gymnastics team and Deron Williams on the basketball team! Go Illini!

Sorry that was long, I'll try to create some more entertaining moments in my life sometime soon...

No comments: