Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life lessons from Naperville....

Ok, so I promised an explanation of Friday night’s events so here it is. My good friend Maren was in town from LA where she now lives, so I drove down to spend the evening with her. We headed out to the bustling metropolis of Naperville, IL and started with dinner at a spot called Rizzo’s before we moved on to try out some other places. Rather than bore you with all of the details….here are a few highlights:

  • I never knew that I could feel so old at a 21 and up bar, but apparently when it’s summer break and the bar is full of barely 21 college kids then I do feel old.
  • I really think that some girls just don’t own a mirror in their house. Note to these girls: please don’t wear short shorts if you don’t have nice legs….and if you do insist on wearing those short shorts, then please don’t get up on the speaker in front of the DJ booth and dance….ummmm let’s call it enthusiastically….
  • If you have a size DD chest, then I’m sure guys have already noticed it….you don’t need to wear a top that you are about to fall out of and then store your phone in your cleavage and constantly check it throughout the night….

And finally some rules that guys should learn to follow on the dance floor:

  1. Just because 2 girls are out dancing doesn’t mean they want you to come over and invade their personal space (yes, I know there are some exceptions to this rule….we’ll call that the skank exception)
  2. If these girls continually turn away, move away, and walk to the opposite side of the dance floor you should not follow them incessantly and keep trying
  3. If these girls then turn to you, after trying to evade you for 5 minutes, and yell “No, not going to happen, stop” then it really is time for you to give up! DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, KEEP TRYING AT THIS POINT!!
  4. It is never ok to just walk up to a girl and completely wrap yourself around her without any sort of glance, smile, or invitation to do so….

So there you have it, the things I learned while out with Maren in Naperville. Fun times…

1 comment:

Dole said...

Hey some people love big ol' gals in tiny tiny shorts and even tinier shirts. I'm not one of those people, but I'm sure they exist...somewhere...in Germany.