Sunday, November 9, 2008

New purchases??

I'm debating some new purchases lately, and could definitely use some input.

1. I'm due for a phone upgrade. There's nothing really wrong with my phone except for the fact that it doesn't work in my house! I've been debating the possible move to a Blackberry. Not sure if I really need e-mail and internet with me all the time, but there are definitely times that it would be nice. I'm also not sure about going with a non flip phone, as I often just stick the phone in my pocket. I tried to go and get an idea of what I want today, but none of the people at the AT&T store were willing to help me. Bummer for them.

2. Now this is a big one! I took the car in for some new brake pads on Saturday, and they told me that the ball joints on the car are ready for replacement. Apparently these are kind of a big deal since when they do break the wheel could fold underneath the car. Yikes! That could be bad. So once again the new car dilemma has arisen. Is it worth it to put more money into keeping the Beamer alive, or just give in to a new car and icky car payments. Unfortunately from the looking I've done lately, I wouldn't be able to afford any of the cars that I want. So I can't get used to the idea of spending that much money on something I don't really want. Arrggg...just wish someone could tell me what to do!

3 comments:

John Trujillo said...

here's what you do: iphone and ride your bike

Dole said...

Go to another mechanic and get a second opinion, those guys always like to try and fleece you out of cash. BMW's are quality vehicles and from what I take, yours was kept in a pretty warm environment down in Texas so its probably in better condition that one used always in Chicago winters

Jenay said...

Put off car payment as long as you can! I wish I didn't have one! You need to consider how much longer you would drive the car vs how much it costs to fix it.