Monday, November 10, 2008

You gotta be kidding me!

So I'm supposed to be trying out a CrossFit class. I have heard that these classes are incredibly intense and are done in a team environment and score is kept. Knowing my inclination towards competetiveness, I thought they would be a good way to kick myself into gear this winter. The class I will be taking follows the official CrossFit Workout of the Day. This should be interesting:

Five rounds for time of:
25 Inverted Burpees
25 Pull-ups
25 Burpees

And for those that don't know what inverted burpees are (I sure didn't) here it is:

Yeah I know the picture is small....this is what he's doing:

The Inverted Burpee: starting supine, kip (or sit-up and roll) to standing, kick-up to handstand.

So I went from hoping I could make it through the class to hoping I don't fall and break something. Oh and I didn't even start talking about that 25 pull-up idea....ha ha ha

1 comment:

Dole said...

Dead Lifts are by far the greatest weight exercise a person can do.