Monday, January 19, 2009

Announcement....

I have an announcement to make in regards to my attempt at racing my bike which was supposed to happen this year. I've been putting off accepting this decision, because it kind of sucks. Sadly, the racing isn't going to happen this year. Reason #1, my dog's surgery kind of tapped out the funds for the new race bike I needed to really do this right. Reason #2, work has me traveling a lot more and I'm not sure that I would be able to get the right amount of training to be able to confidently show up to races. And if I'm going to be a part of a team and represent in someone's kit, I want to be able to do that well and be prepared at every race. So unfortunately, now just isn't the right time.

I will work on getting faster this year though. I'm starting it off with lots of work in computrainer class. And when it gets nice out again (will it ever happen??) I will start riding with the Wheeling Wheelmen. I already ride with a bunch of the guys in computrainer classes and back during the summer at the Thursday night intervals, and they are strong! So I know it's a group that will definitely challenge me and force me to become a better rider. So that's the new revised plan.

Oh yes, and I think I may work on the whole running thing as well.... I had a pretty good run at the gym yesterday and I could almost see how running could maybe, possibly be enjoyable and not torture. So we'll see how that pans out. But no, it does not mean that I will be turning into a triathlete anytime soon.... Swimming is still hard!

No comments: