Monday, January 12, 2009

I know, I know...

Shame on me....I've been a terrible blog owner lately. I realize this, but ask that you forgive me and continue to check in for new posts... One day I'll find new and interesting things to write about. For today though, here is a random collection of thoughts...

Right now, I'm just dealing with snow, snow and more snow. We had tons of it here in Illinois this weekend, which resulte in lots of driveway shoveling for me. And even more exciting....we're going to have blizzard conditions tomorrow morning! Wee...fun! Apparently when you combine new snow and 30-40mph winds you get something that is no good. Which is going to make getting all the way to the plant in Libertyville by 7am for 3.5 hours of super exciting Union Awareness training very difficult. Here's hoping the Starbucks is open early enough!!

This past weekend was pretty tough for me. Those of you who have talked to me recently know why, and the rest of you, well sorry, this one's not for the blogosphere. But the good news is that I made it through, and I think a very good thing has come from it. Here's hoping! :)

I have apparently joined the masses in getting back into the gym for the new year after a slight break for me. I'm loving being back, but I am not loving the fact that everyone else is as well. I'm very ready for everyone else to give up on it and go back to their couch and potato chips so I can have some space again. Ok, ok....maybe I don't want them to go back to the couch and potato chips because I do think it's a good thing for anyone to get healthier, but I just wish they would stop working out at the same time that I want to!

And to finish it all off, my 3 minor annoyances for the day:
1. Apparently dust has somehow found its way into the inside of my blackberry and has settled on the inside of the screen...ugg why won't it go away!?!?!
2. Seriously, must they do really, really loud construction during working hours at my office. The sounds of driling and sawing and grinding metal are not exactly what I enjoy listening to at 8am!
3. As I sit here watching NBC's Superstars of Dance I wonder, why can't they find camera men who understand how to film dance?? Super long shots and close-ups on their faces while they are doing intricate footwork really aren't all that helpful. Oh yes, and filming from the back of the stage?? You've got to be kidding me, the dance is choregraphed to be seen from the front!! Aarrgg....someone please teach these people!

Ok, that's all :)

No comments: