Monday, February 23, 2009

SkirtChaser!!

Blah blah blah....I'm a terrible blog owner....blah blah blah. Yes. we've all heard it before. But I have been a crazy busy person with travel and work lately, so that's my extremely acceptable excuse. Plus I was also sick for the last week and if I had written a blog post then it would have mostly been about how miserable I was feeling, and I doubt you wanted to hear that.

I had an absolutely fantastic time out in Arizona for the SkirtChaser race. Most people don't understand why I planned a vacation around working at a race, but it was tons of fun. Even though I was "working" from 9am-7pm on Friday and noon to about 8 on Saturday, there wasn't a single moment where I felt I was working. It was all just fun. Even packet pick-up! Between Casey, Paul, Beth, Sage, Mary and myself there wasn't a single dull moment! :) Race day turned out to be beautiful, there was a forecast of rain, but it stayed away so we had a gorgeous, sunny day. I even convinced my mom to get out there for the race. I dressed her up in full Skirt fashion and she was defintely a big hit! All in all, it was a fantastic weekend, tons of fun, great new friends (I apparently have a long lost sister/sista!), and did I mention tons of fun?? And the best part is that they asked me to be the Volunteer Coordinator for the Chicago race. I'm going to have a real job at the race, and I may even get paid for it! I would probably be happy if they just paid me with some extra SkirtSports merchandise though!

As for now, I'm trying to get back into normal life. The last 3 weeks sort of flew by with all of the travel, so now I feel like I am completely behind on everything. So I have a few days of really exciting stuff like laundry and cleaning ahead of me. I also somehow need to figure out what I am going to wear to a ball this weekend. I tried shopping for a dress this past weekend and it was a failure. I'm still not quite what I'm going to wear. I have a dress that could maybe, possibly work, but I would just need some new shoes to go with it. It's so not fair that the hardest decision the guy has to make is what shirt and tie to wear..... Here's hoping that I don't end up at the ball in flip-flops!

Oh yes, and even though I only managed to make it through half of the Oscars last night, I would like to go ahead and say that the best moment of the night was the guy that thew "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto" into his speech! :)

And with that....good night, it's sleep time.

No comments: