Thursday, April 23, 2009

Now that's what I call motivation!

The weather is finally getting a little better here (and now I probably jinxed it...) so I decided to head out for a run after work. I've been sore from lifting this week so I wasn't so sure how it would go.... I headed out anyway, but I felt slow. Every step seemed like a lot of work, and I got through the whole thing by just convincing myself to keep running until the end of the next block, over and over again. So when I somehow made it to the end of the run (I made it the whole way!) I ended the workout on the Nike+ system, expecting to hear the bad news of how painfully slow I was. Instead, I heard Lance Armstrong's voice, congratulating me on recording a new personal best time for the mile! Woo hoo! Way to go me.

Thanks Lance, you really know how to re-motivate a girl! :)

No comments: