Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend update.....

So I promised you a recap of the weekend, but to tell you the truth, it really wouldn't be all that exciting. So here's a brief summary

Saturday
  • At the shop at 8am
  • Sold lots of bikes to lots of people
  • Didn't sit down all day
  • Watched Nick and Rob wrestle after we closed the shop....seriously intense
  • Out for dinner with a couple of the guys and the Trek reps....
  • Sleep....

Sunday

  • At the shop at 8am
  • Sold lots of bikes to lots of people - this time in the freezing cold tent
  • Didn't sit down all day
  • Put away all of the bikes that were left in the tent - including about a million trips into the basement, and handing a million other bikes up into the trailer - all while it was snowing outside
  • Out for dinner at Lou Malnati's for some delicious deep dish pizza and beer - all compliments of Trek!
  • Finally home for some well deserved sleep! :)

So that was the weekend. It's crazy, busy and fun - but I'm glad that I don't have to do it again until next year.

Today's mission is to get plane tickets for the Tahoe trip. As of now it looks like I have 2 options.

  1. Pay $350-$400 for tickets in the back of the plane, and possibly have to do a connection
  2. Use 50,000 of my 53,000 FF miles to get a first class ticket on a non-stop roundtrip flight

I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but I'm a little nervous about using almost all of my miles.... So the ticket is on hold. Must make a decision soon!

I realized lately that I know some seriously awesome people. Today I would like to brag about the fact that I know Dan Beaver, my Skirt-Sista Mary's boyfriend. for his 2008-2009 race season he has qualified for:

  1. Boston Marathon
  2. World Championships in Duathlon
  3. World Championships in Half-Iron distance
  4. World Championships in Ironman distance

Can you say rockstar???

No comments: