Monday, April 27, 2009

Rain, rain, go away....

Apparently it's always something here in Chicago. We had some warmer temps forecasted for the weekend, so I had great plans of getting a ride in and cleaning up the yard. Mother Nature, unfortunately, had other plans though.

Saturday morning, I woke up early (without the alarm clock, i might add, and no, I don't know why) and thought about getting up to go out on the Wheelmen ride, but then I noticed how loudly the wind was gusting outside my bedroom window. Prior experience told me that that sound meant crappy riding. So I decided to take it easy and head out for a run after I got a little more sleep. Woke up a little later (wind was still gusting), had some breakfast and coffee, and then got dressed for the run. Walked outside and noticed that it was sort of sprinkling a tiny bit....no big deal I thought. Unfortunately, about a mile into the run, that slight sprinkle turned into a downpour. Ginger and I got soaked. Running in the rain is one thing, running in a downpour is just not fun at all. So we turned around and started heading towards home. Luckily I was smart enough to leave the ipod at home, but unfortunately not smart enough to change out of the white shirt....yeah, I was in my very own wet t-shirt contest. Got home, and of course the rain stopped. I thought about turning around and going back out, but I was soaked, all of my clothes were sticking to me (including my now very see through shirt) and my shoes were sloshing. So we called it quits. It's kind of odd how good a shower feels after coming in from a "Nature shower".

It rained on and off for the rest of the day. So instead of cleaning the yard, I focused on the indoor area. Got the house cleaned and finally tackled my closet as well. I now have a very large bag of clothes that needs to go to Goodwill! I also got a drawer cleaned out, so that I could have one dedicated to all of my Skirts! :) Now I just need more stuff so I can fill it!

Looks like rain is going to be a main staple for the next few days... Looks like I'll be spending more time in my stupid gym... That should bring on some interesting experiences.

No comments: