Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally time to share the news...

Ok, so since Jenay called me out on the fact that I promised to share some news and have now waited a week to do so, I guess it's finally time. The reason that I waited so long is that I'm not super excited about the news and sharing it makes it real. So anyway, the big news is that I got a new job. I will be starting next Friday at a company called Medline, a medical supply company. I actually interned with them during college, but I'm going to work at a different division this time. I will be working as an operations engineer, part of a team supporting the 30 distribution centers across the nation. So yes, this means there could be some traveling with the new position. It's not exactly the dream job I was hoping for, but it was a good offer and as I keep hearing, "it's always easier to find a job with a job." So I will contine to look for my dream job, but now I will be able to pay the rent while doing so.

The other fun news, is that I'm easing my way into bike racing! I will be racing my first time trial tomorrow and next weekend I will be participating in the "Mayor's Challenge" during the Tour of Elk Grove. I will be part of a team of 5 (4 guys and me) and we will compete in a time trial and a 4 lap crit. I know I said I would never do a crit, but I don't think this one will be that scary and hopefully it will go well! So maybe by next year I will actually be buying a full year liscence and can call myself a bike racer! :)

Time to get stuff ready for tomorrow! Good night all! :)

No comments: