Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a day.....

Started off the day by sleeping in for a while. I went out with my sister last night, so I felt I deserved some extra sleep, but of course I was awakened briefly around 8:30 by the world's most persistent HR person. I decided I didn't need to really wake up to answer the call so I ignored it and slept for a little while longer.

Once I finally woke up, it was time to make Ginger happy. Yesterday on our walk she jumped in a fountain so I figured it was time to take her to the lake for some swimming. So we went over to Busse Woods, and she did just that. She was a very happy dog once I let her off the leash (which I really wasn't supposed to do, but oh well, she didn't bother anyone) and she ran around and went in and out of the water. She's still sooo tired!

Thursday night is interval night, and tonight I decided that I would add to that as well. First off I should mention that it was incredibly hot and humid out today. Maybe not quite on Texas standards, but I've been out of that weather for a while, so this still felt hot! So instead of just driving over to the shop for the intervals, I decided to add to the workout and ride over instead. So I was 45 minutes into the work-out by the time I started the intervals. Unfortunately for me, the heat meant that only the really hard-core group came out. So I felt like I was trailing the group by more than usual, but I'm convinced that's because the middle group that I normally stay close to just wasn't there. It was like normally racing in a Cat 3 and then all of a sudden trying to hang in a Cat 1 race. So I gave it my all for an hour and a half, and then rolled back to the shop with the group. And that's when I realized that I still needed to ride home....ugggg. I really felt nothing in my legs. I don't know if I've ever felt that way on the bike, but I eventually made it home and showered and have been on the couch ever since. :)

Ok, so there will be news soon....I just don't feel like writing about it now.

1 comment:

Jenay said...

I do not like the way you tease with "so there will be news soon....I just don't feel like writing about it now." on Thursday and I am still waiting....


well I guess thursday wasn't that long ago it just feels like it was