Sunday, July 13, 2008

L.A.T.E Ride....

So last night/this morning was the Chicago L.A.T.E Ride. Basically it was a ride around the city that started at 1:30am! There was no confirmation of what L.A.T.E actually stands for, but my sister and I have decided that it's "Long After Twilight Event". That's the best we could come up with. I was pretty impressed with my sister actually. She hasn't ridden a bike at all in years. So I grabbed a rental bike from the shop for her since I decided to use my mountain bike for the event. I've learned that large crowded events and the road bike don't always go well together. I was worried if she would make it through the 25 miles. But she powered through like a champ, cruising through at a pretty respectable pace. The 25 mile ride did take close to 3 hours but most of that is due to a lot of start and stop at the beginning because of the crowds. But for the most part, when we were riding we were cruising along. The ride ended with some breakfast at Grant Park provided by McDonald's (no egg mcmuffins though sadly - just a plain bagel) and watching the sun rise over the lake.

After the sun rise, I headed home, got a solid 3 hours of sleep, and then headed into work at the shop. Armed with a Rockstar energy drink I managed to make it through the day. I am now sitting here hoping to stay up long enough to watch most of the Tour.

Tomorrow is a 2nd interview with Medline. I'm not sure if I'm excited about the job, and not sure if it's the direction I want to go in. Life is somewhat confusing right now. But I was told that they would probably make a decision in the afternoon after the interviews....so we'll see what happens.

I apologize if the above ramblings made absolutely no sense....did I mention I got 3 hours of sleep???

2 comments:

Dole said...

LATE RIDE = delaying my taxi ride and making an $8 trip, $16 instead.

cj said...

Great Time!
Does anyone have pictures of the best lit bike contest or would like to join the largest late ride group? If so, please email me at the late ride's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1012647595