Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Update

So for those that were wondering, my company did do a halloween tick-or-treat for the kiddos, and they did it this past Friday. (I don't understand why they didn't do it on actual Halloween either - maybe that would just be too much t-or-t'ing for one day.) And my choice of what to do was.....well it was a combination. I couldn't leave right at 3 when it started because i actually had work to do. So I tried to get it done, but that tends to be difficult when you have kids running by and yelling every couple of minutes. So around 4 I decided it was ridiculous to still be there and if all of the parents who were walking around with their kids didn't have to work, then why should I? So I got the heck out of there. Good decision for my sanity.

Saturday I checked out the ski and snowboard show with my sister. Wasn't a huge show so there wasn't a lot to see, but I did score a sweet new pair of Oakleys. (yes another one)
For those of you that are planning on running to the store to pick up the sweet new Breast Cancer Edition of the Ravishing frame, well sorry you can't. It's not in stores yet! :) I just happened to find a very nice Oakley rep who realized I was a big fan and sold me his sample pair (which he wasn't really supposed to do) at a nice discount (which he also wasn't supposed to do). I love them!

Sunday was the Sunrise Park Cross race out in Bartlett. I ended up volunteering once again and it was fun, well except for the 50mph wind gusts!! At one point the wind decided to blow over our entire registration tent which had previously been staked to the ground. So 5 or 6 of us had to stand and hold it up to keep it from blowing into the course while some others tried to dismantle it. Boy were my arms tired!!

The big, big news of the weekend is that I met Kristin Armstrong! And yes I am referring to this one. She spoke at our local running/tri store and she has a great story. Amazing how someone who grew up playing all sorts of different sports, then got into triathlon after college, and really didn't start cycling seriously until her late 20's can win a gold medal in the Time Trial! Amazing!! She shared her great story and then answered many questions completely honestly. I even chatted with her afterwards for a couple of minutes about attempting to get into some racing next year. She was of course very encouraging. Oh yeah, and I got to hold her Gold medal! Yeah, it was very cool.

1 comment:

Jenay said...

so I decided I want these sunglasses. Which is just what I need (another pair of sunglassess...oh and maybe some new shoes.) You better not wear them around if we are ever near each other again.