Wednesday, June 3, 2009

NRD report!

Here's my National Running Day report!

Started the day off with bootcamp, which usually means I don't run after work, but it's National Running Day....so I had to!! Got home from work late, and thought briefly about skipping the run to mow the lawn....but no.....it's National Running Day! I decided for this occasion I would wear one of my favorite skirts, so the outfit consisted of my Sapphire Blue GymGirl and black Tattoo tee. Sweet!













Since I knew it was just going to be a short run, I decided to go and run for the sake of running. No ipod, no measuring speed, no measuring distance. Just run! And it was perfect. 60 degrees and sunny. I sped up when it felt good, and slowed down when I wanted to, and even walked if that seemed right at the moment. Even took a break to talk to the great crew at Runner's High for a few minutes!

I'm guessing that's what today was really all about. No worrying about races, or times, or paces, or distances. Just go out and run because you can! And try to remember that it really can be fun if you want it to be.

Tomorrow I'll go back to worrying about how far or how fast, but today I'm content with just running. :)

Oh yes, and I topped off the celebration with a delicious beer, just for Mary! :)

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Yes! Running and beer.... 2 of my favorite things! So great to talk to you the other day! Take care girl!