Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stupid Universe...

Over the past few days, I have felt that the Universe is seriously out to get me. The hits just keep on coming...

1. OAR concert on Friday: there was perfect weather on Thursday, but of course on Friday we had some seriously severe storms. The concert ended up being postponed, and because of some unhelpful announcements, Becki and I missed the first 30 minutes of OAR....sad. We also got rained on at the show....oh well, the worst part of that was that it made my beer very watery.

2. The power went out on Friday! Unfortunately I discovered this when I pulled in my driveway and tried to open the garage door....and of course I didn't have my house keys in the car! The only glimmer of good luck was that my back window was unlocked, so I was able to pry that open and climb on in. My dog just kind of looked at me a little funny...she's such a great watch dog.

3. The power continued to stay out all weekend! And did I mention that this was the weekend it decided to get super hot and humid here in Chicago??? My house was not a pleasant place to be.

4. Woke up on Sunday...short run...and then home to shower. Only to find out that since the power was still out, my hot water heater had run out of hot water....hello ice cold shower!!

5. Got the tragic news about Jason at the bike shop on Sunday.....the rest of that day was jus a blur. Still working on dealing with it....but I'm getting better.

6. Once the power came back on it became apparent that my A/C wasn't working. Add to that temps in the 90's and some serious humidity and my house was very uncomfortable. I also found out that my dog is a "fan hog" she kept sitting right in front of it!

7. The universe also seems to be vetoing my half marathon idea!! I'm having some really obnoxious knee issues lately that are keeping me from doing any real running... I really need to figure that out!!

So I have one message for you, Universe. BACK OFF!!! It's time to give me a break for a bit. Even if you think I can handle it....it doesn't mean I want to!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

I sooooo hear you. I've had a shitty couple of weeks and it just get's to the point where you laugh and ask, how much more can I take before I completely break? I miss you girl. Wish we could drown our sorrows in margaritas together.