Monday, June 29, 2009

WOD - CrossFit Total

I started CrossFit today. The whole idea is that you get a scrore or time for each workout, so I thought it would be a good idea to record them so I can monitor progress as I go. Thought I would keep the record here so I can tag the posts and easily find them, and you can also track my progress if you feel like it. If not, then feel free to just skip these posts. :)

CrossFit Total
1 rep at max weight of:
Deadlift - 175lbs
Shoulder Press - 65lbs
Back Squat - 165lbs
Total Score: 405

It took me a few lifts on each exercise to find my max since I wasn't really sure of my starting point. I was feeling somewhat confident after the deadlift, although apparently my goal is 1.5x my body weight....so I've still got a way to go. The Shoulder press definitely humbled me. As I already knew, all of my power is in my legs! I was so close to getting the 70lbs, just couldn't quite get it. On the back squat, I did have to bail on my first attempt at the 165 lbs, luckily Jim was there to grab the bar as I fell backwards. I just laughed it off, shook it out and gave it another attempt, and got it!

Felt like an easier work-out although my muscles are definitely starting to let me know that I did something hard. I've never attempted a max weight lift before since I've always done reps, so lifting really, really heavy weights is a whole new experience for me. Hopefully I'll enjoy CrossFit as I continue to get stronger!!

No comments: