Wednesday, October 21, 2009

At least I did it...

Well, I did it. I forced myself to swim after work yesterday. Putting my stuff in the car so I could just stop on the way home was definitely the right thing to do.

When I got there all of the lanes had people in them, and 1 guy offered to share. That made me a little nervous because I have no idea what I'm doing! But luckily another guy finished up just in time, so I wouldn't have to share. Into the water, goggles on and I started swimming. While I was swimming I tried to remember things that I hear my crazy triathlete friends talk about, but generally I just tried to swim. I have no problem staying afloat, I just dont think I swim efficiently.

I can't seem to get over how awkward I feel though. Amazing how I can feel like such a fish out of water when I'm in the water! Throughout the workout I found myself stealing glances through the window into the main gym area at all the people running and lifting and wishing I could be doing that!! Towards the end of the workout a girl in a lifeguard suit came in, and she looked like she knew what she was doing! I tried to watch and see if I could pick up anything, but all I noticed was how smooth she seemed while swimming. I feel like I am a splashing mess!

Oh well, there is only room for improvement since it looks like I'll have to continue doing this for a while. Helpful suggestions are always welcome! Otherwise I'll just keep swimming....I have no need to do it quickly yet. :)

No comments: