Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stupid Soft Tissue....

So the verdict is in on my foot, and unfortunately it's not a good one. Soft tissue/overuse injuries. Which means I am not allowed to do much of anything for the next 2 weeks. I can't even walk barefoot - seriously, I have to wear shoes in my house?? So no running, no CrossFit, no long walks, nothing.... I can only lift weights if I'm sitting down, and I cant do anything that causes me to exert extra force through my foot....elliptical, bike, rowing, etc... So I'm down to 1 option....swimming. Uggg. I'm giving myself at least 1 more day of this pity party before I revert back to that option.

Oh yeah, and I have to take prescription anti-inflammatorys. Just took my first one here at work and it may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Could be a fun afternoon!!

ACL report should be coming soon. I'll try! Long story short, it was a whole new kind of experience this year!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

You should get a referral to a really good physical therapist that works with athletes. They can make all the difference. And they'll help you recover without prescription anti-inflammatories! I wouldn't be going to Boston without my PT!