Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2 Miles!!

Ok, so for most of you that are reading this, you're probably thinking that the only way 2 miles could be an exciting achievement is if I managed to:
1) hop on one foot the whole way
2) walk that far on my hands
3) "crab walk" it
4) swim it

Well, the real news is that I ran it. Now I know most of you are thinking "what's the big deal? I did that as a warm-up before my real workout this morning" Well, I'm not a runner, and I never have been, so to me it's exciting! I opted to take Ginger out for a run last night instead of going to the gym. Now normally I run continuously for anywhere from .5 - 1 mile before I start walking. But last night I kept going! And I kept on going for 2 miles! :) Yea! After that I started walking and threw in some more 2-3 block spurts of running. All in all I think I came in at about 3.5 miles. I'm going to try to keep running as part of my normal routine. Who knows....maybe I am getting close to jumping on the "crazy train" and training for a triathlon???

2 comments:

Jay said...

Once you start, never quit. It's hard to get back into the gear of running . . . trust me.

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

I love reading this. I love it. Triathlon? yes...you will.