Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend update....

Well the crappy weather has once again moved into Illinois. Luckily we were able to get a few very nicely timed breaks in it though which made the events of the weekend more enjoyable.

Friday night I headed out with Chrissy (aka pregnant lady) to get some dinner and then see Sex and the City! Overall the movie was good. There were a few scenes that I probably could have done without though, if you've seen the movie then you will know which ones I'm talking about. It was a pretty enjoyable evening and I got to see the progress on Chrissy's "baby belly".

Saturday I decided to sleep in and take my time getting ready for my ride. So by the time I headed out it was around 10:30. Which meant it was humid out. The other factor against me was that it was windy. So my planned 45-50 mile ride turned into a 35 mile ride. Yes I admit it, I wimped out a little. Mainly because I ran out of water though (the route I did didn't have anywhere to get a refill), and I figured if I had to go to my car to refill my bottles anyway I may as well just go home. Don't worry though, I will be purchasing a Profile Aquarack from the shop this week so I can set out on solo rides with 4 bottles instead of 2. No more excuses!

That evening I headed out to the city to meet up with the family (including my aunt and uncle and cousins who were in town for the weekend) for some dinner. Unfortunately a certain member of the extended family was being cranky and was tired and didn't want to wait for an hour to get yummy Chicago deep dish pizza, so we went across the street to California Pizza Kitchen instead. Definitely not as good, but my tostada pizza was still pretty tasty. :) After getting back to the suburbs, I headed out with my sister and her friend for some beers and darts. Ended up not being a very exciting night out, but I gave it a shot.

Sunday was the big day! The day of my mom's wedding reception. Unfortunately when I woke up I looked outside to see very dark clouds, and 10 minutes later it was pouring. This was not looking good for the evening at the country club with drinks and hors d'oeuvres on the patio. Luckily by the time we headed out the door from my mom's place it was starting to get better, and by the time we pulled into the country club it was nice and sunny out. Everything went really well with the evening. I had a good time catching up with some of my mom's friends, especially the one who mentioned a very influential contact in Aspen, CO who will soon be contacted about finding a job for me. :) The food was amazing too, especially the cake! And the wine was pretty good too. :) The party lasted until about 10 when everyone decided it was time to head out. So we got everything loaded in the car, and on the way home, it started pouring again. Apparently my mom did something right recently to get the weather to cooperate for that couple of hours.

The night finished off with a series of very interesting text messages, and then I reached the point where I could no longer keep my eyes open so I fell asleep to the sound of the rain outside my bedroom window.

Had a tough time getting out of bed this morning, and it's been a very long slow day at work. Apparently the people I work with feel the need to have meetings about the lay-off situation daily. I have to say I'm getting pretty sick of talking about it.

I have a pretty unexciting evening in store for me. Trip to the gym, laundy and cleaning.....oh boy!

No comments: