Saturday, June 14, 2008

New adventures in swimming...

So I finally went and had my foot checked out yesterday. The good news is that there are no broken bones. The bad news is that there is some soft tissue damage. So that means I can walk without crutches but it also means no extra stress on the foot for at least a few more days. So that means no biking or running this weekend. I couldn't stand the idea of sitting around not doing anything this weekend, so I decided to try a new adventure. I stopped by the local tri store and picked up goggles and a new suit and then headed to the gym to try out swimming. I have to admit, I was even a little nervous going into it. Once I started out I realized something....

Swimming is hard!!

I made it through 30 minutes of laps. Basically I swam until my arms felt like spaghetti! I definitely have a lot to learn about this sport!! And I definitely need to get one of the ipod cases for swimming...music would make the whole experience a little more enjoyable. So we'll see how long this new adventure lasts.

This afternoon I'm volunteering at the Skirt Chaser race! The best part is that they are giving me a whole SkirtSports outfit for volunteering for 4 hours! Yea! :)

No comments: