Sunday, June 15, 2008

Convert to Skirt!!

Such a good day yesterday!! I volunteered at the SkirtSports Skirt Chaser race. It's such a great concept for a race. Send the women out, and then 3 minutes later send the guys out to "chase the skirts". Being a volunteer was great! As soon as I arrived I got set up with a Gym Girl skirt, a very cute pink race t-shirt, and a white visor. For the beginning of the day I helped out with the registration where I handed out the skirts, shirts and visors to all of the runners. We then helped cheer the runners out, and then it was on to my next job, cutting brownies! And these weren't just brownies, they were absolutely delicious Eli's brownies with peppermint topping! Sooo good! But I was good and only ate a half of one....it was already broken! :) We then hung out a little, listened to the band, and watched the fashion show. So many cute Skirt products in the spring line!! Eventually the runners started clearing out of the block party so it was time for clean-up duty. About 5 minutes after we started cleaning up, it started raining. Unfortunately it meant we all got a little wet, but it also meant that everyone helped and we got everything cleaned up in record time! About this time is when I realized I was the only volunteer left! (There were only about 5 to start with) The girls of Skirt all noticed this as well, and were very appreciative. So they hooked me up with more free stuff! :) I got a green Roller Girl skirt with a matching white and green Footloose Tank. So cute!

During the day I also realized that all of the girls from Skirt were amazing women and tons of fun! And it occurred to me...I want to work with them! So I definitely took the opportunity to talk with all of them and let them know that I was interested. I even talked with Nicole DeBoom (she started the company!) about it! :) Yea! Oh and did I mention that the company is based in Boulder, CO?!?!?!? :)

At the end of the day, all of us headed across the street to Peggy Kinane's (in our very cute Skirt outfits of course!) for some dinner. We then ended up dancing around to the great band that was playing. There were some of the runners there still wearing their race numbers so we cheered (very loudly) for all of them. It was a great night, with a bunch of really great girls. I am currently planning on trying to get out to Salt Lake City to hang with them at the next race in August!

Oh and if you haven't already, you need to try a SkirtSports skirt! It is definitely the most comfortable thing I have ever worn!

No comments: