Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back into it...

I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things. For the last few weeks I just felt like my schedules have been off, and especially last week with the foot issue, I just didn't get the work-outs in that I would have liked. This week is going very well so far. Monday morning I did another swim, it's still hard, and I could still use some proper technique pointers from my Triathlon friends, but I'll get there. Yesterday I headed out for a ride after work, 90 minutes and 25 miles. The good news is that I can hop on my bike in my driveway and do the ride form my house, the bad news is that it involves 2 loops of the forest preserve which can be slightly frustrating. I must have said "on your left" about 1,000 times. Oh yeah, and rollerbladers take up way too much space on the path! This morning I woke up, put on my Gym Girl skirt and headed to the gym. I am a true believer in the idea that wearing a skirt can completely change your attitude about the work-out. I felt very cute, but also felt strong showing all the guys in the gym that girls in skirts can definitely kick butt! :) Yes, the SkirtSports skirts are becoming a new staple in my wardrobe! So If you ever needs gift ideas for me, just check out their website! :)

This evening I may throw in a little yoga action to get everything nice and stretched out. Tomorrow morning is another swim....but this time with music!! The waterproof headphones (to go with the waterproof ipod case I bought) are currently out for delivery on their way to my house (thank you UPS tracking)! And tomorrow evening is interval rides with the boys. It will be nice to tackle these on my own bike again for a change.

Oh yeah, and the foot is finally starting to feel better! Hooray! Although I'm still holding off on running for a little while longer. I'm going to take my shoes up to the local tri store this week so Mark (the shoe expert!!) can check them out to make sure they are still good. I really hope I don't need another pair of shoes!

Working out in the morning makes me feel great for a few hours, but now the mid-morning sleepiness is starting to set in. I would really like to be a professional athlete so all I would have to do is train, and then I could nap when I get sleepy....yeah that sounds good.

No comments: