Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ginger update....

So Ginger and I had a very long evening at the vet's office last night, 2 hours to be exact. We closed the place down. Unfortunately in all that time, the vet isn't quite sure what's wrong. She definitely has a bad infection, but due to the fact that that she has had about 4 or 5 of these in the time that I've owned her and she gave a pretty alarming sample, it's time to get to the root of what's causing it. So what started as putting her on some antibiotics, has now turned into Ginger going in on Saturday for radiographs and blood work. Poor Girl. So she now has her own health insurance to help with the rising costs. The vet also kept reminding me that Ginger is a "senior citizen pet" and I need to be prepared for changes in her health. Thanks a lot vet...way to scare the crap out of me! Ginger is also now on a diet. Yes, she was starting to get a little chunky and the vet didn't think it was as cute as I did. Extra weight is not a good look for "senior citizen pets". So now instead of actual treats when she comes inside, she gets green beans. Plain old green beans. So far she actually likes them, so we'll see how long she puts up with it.

I can't say that all of this is coming at a good time, since I just bought a car and Christmas is coming up. But when it comes to my pets I can't say no to making sure they are healthy. So here's hoping that all of the tests come back negative and I spent all the money for nothing.

2 comments:

Dole said...

Our puppy loves apples for some reason, are those doable?

Aldi26 said...

Nope, too much sugar in the apples. So carrots are out too. Basically she can have the vegetables that are allowed in the Atkins diet.