Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm back....

I'm not even going to try and make up a good reason why I haven't blogged in such a long time. Although I do think having to take care of my dog recovering from surgery with a few complications should buy me some leniency. But anyway.....on to today's post.

There has been an abundance of snow here in Illinois! It seems to be never ending. The 4-wheel drive on my new car has definitely been coming in handy. I've also discovered a new work-out plan purely focused around my commute to and from work. So let me introduce you to the Stupidly Snowy Illinois work-out:

Morning:
Step 1: Shovel a ridiculous amount of snow off of your driveway....try not to curse the snow plow man when you get to the large mound of really heavy snow piled up at the end
Step 2: Keep your heart rate up as you keep a tight grip on the steering wheel and try to avoid sliding into an intersection, other car, light post, stop sign, etc....
Step 3: Finish it all with a nice long walk into the office since you have to park at the back of the parking lot since apparenly everyone else at work finds a way to magically get to work early....stupid over-achievers....

Evening:
Step 1: Remeber that the car is parked in the very back of the parking lot and start the long walk out there...
Step 2: Shiver uncontrollably as you try to scrape off the layer of snow/ice that has been permafrosted to your car
Step 3: Spend a wonderfully exciting 2.5 hours in the car for the drive home. Try to avoid boredom by calling everyone you know (that's what Bluetooth was invented for), dancing to your favorite songs, shaking your fists at the morons who apparently forgot what this strange white stuff is...
Step 4: When you finally get home, realize that you need to shovel the driveway again so that you won't have to do it in the mornings.....or, more accurately, so you will only need to shovel half as much in the morning....

Repeat every day for best results....

Have I ever mentioned how much I would love to move back to Texas???

2 comments:

John Trujillo said...

it was 70s today. high of 78 tomorrow...

Aldi26 said...

Yeah, that's hilarious....thanks a lot for the reminder of what I'm missing out on, John.