Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Never ending...

Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow.....that's all we get here lately. It really is getting to be never ending. The good news though is that it's also never ending in Colorado, Breckenridge has received 2ft of new snow this week! I'm very excited to get out there and play in the snow that actually serves a purpose, instead of all the pointless snow we have around here that just makes it really hard to drive around since apparently all of the cities and towns have cut their plowing and salting budgets. Just in time for the snowiest winter ever.... Perfect.

I do feel bad for all of the people who are getting stranded in airports. I have a friend that was supposed to be flying into Chicago last night and landing around 6pm, last I heard, his flight was supposed to get in at 4am this morning....I'm still not sure if he's actually made it home for Christmas with his family yet.

In other news...the Illinois basketball team is off to a great start this year! Go Illini!! 11-1 so far, with a very convincing win over Missouri last night in the Braggin' Rights game, 75-59. My only complaint is that they changed their jerseys and don't have their names on the backs so I'm having trouble keeping up with all of the new guys. Guess I will need to make myself some flashcards so I can memorize all of their numbers. :)

Oh yes, and it's Christmas Eve!! I'm currently sitting at work, very very bored, and listening to the sounds of construction going on right behind me. Who wouldn't want to spend a lovely, snowy, wintery day sitting at a desk with nothing to do and listening to the sounds of sawing and drilling and hammering....good times I tell you.

Have a Happy Holidays everyone! I'm assuming there won't be a lot of blogging between now and January 3rd. But you never know, I could just surprise you! :)

No comments: