Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec. 1 = Winter...

Well, I guess it's officially winter here in cold Illinois. We got 4-6 inches of snow last night, and when I woke up (to the sound of snow plows roaming the streets) it was still coming down. Unfortunately the new car doesn't fit in the garage yet (I need to get a washer and dryer out and then it will) so the poor thing looked like this when I was ready to leave for work.


So I took the time to clean her off, (this was not nice, light, fluffy snow - it required some scraping) and then decided the driveway could wait. And I have to say that during the drive in to work I was very glad to have the 4 wheel drive. The roads were a mess.

Apparently the people I work with don't understand how snowy mornings (especially snowy Monday mornings) are supposed to work though. I thought I was doing really well because I made it in at 8:00, but I was the last one to get here. I want to know how the guys from the city managed to make it in early!!

No comments: