Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Track Workout and CrossFit WOD

Last night I gave track workouts a try for the first time. Becki was right. They're hard!! They're run through EAD and Cody, the girl that leads them, is a beast (in a good way)!! She's an All American Heptathlete, and holy cow is she strong! Last night's workout was 6-10 400m repeats. I went out too fast on the first 2, and the asthma kicked in and I stopped breathing. Not good. So I slowed it down, and finished out the workout, ended up with 8 400m repeats, and all (besides the first 2 which were at 1:45min) were around 2:00min. So I'm slow, but at least I finished the workout. Still haven't decided if I want to keep up with the track workouts, slowly but surely, or just stick with improving my running endurance. We'll see.

And then I woke up early for CrossFit this morning, my body is definitely sore, but I know it's going to be a weekend of no workouts and lots of eating and drinking with the wedding. So I'm trying to get some quality workouts in beforehand. Today's WOD:

21-15-9 reps of:
Tire jumps (that tire is huge!!)
Wall Ball shots (16lb ball)
GHD Sit-ups

Then:
400m run
15 Burpees

Time: 13:14

Since I'm used to workouts that generally last an hour...this one seemed short. But I was so ready for it to be over after 13 minutes and 14 seconds, it's amazing how quickly you get tired when you raide the intensity and go at it full speed the whole time!

1 comment:

FindingKona said...

Damn girl! That's my pace for 400 m. Way to go! Track workouts totally suck but when you're done you feel great... like you really did something. And, given time, they DO make you faster!