Monday, August 3, 2009

The blue band!!

Oops, looks like I have forgotten to blog since last Tuesday. What can I say, I've been busy! had a fantastic weekend...but I'll save that for a different post, this one is all about CrossFit! Woo hoo!

Today's WOD:
21-15-9 of
Pull-ups
Sumo Dead Lift High Pull (SDLHP)
Back extensions
800m run

Time 15:something....I didn't listen closely to coach....I was too busy walking over to the mat to collapse - and of course start stretching! :)

The big accomplishment of today (drumroll please)...I graduated to the blue assist band instead of the green! Woo hoo!! That's the last step before I start doing pull-ups without the band. Yes! Still have some practice to do before I reach that goal, but I'm working on the kipping motion, so I hope to be able to do at least a few at some point in the future.

I can also tell that my "dead leg" issue from last week is starting to get better. Finally! It started on Thursday last week and basically my left leg goes all tingly and feels "dead" when I try to run. I think I have narrowed down the cause to something in my hip flexor. Lots of stretching is in order! But today it didn't start bothering me until about 500m into the run, which is definitely an improvement over Friday when it started almost immediately!

Making Progress!

1 comment:

Dole said...

Nice! We did Dianne last night and I ripped somehow on deadlifts, thank god for tape