Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not exactly....

So I tried the whole "get a good night's sleep, drink plenty of fluids, rest, etc..." routine to get rid of this summer cold. (BTW - colds during the summer just seem wrong and so much worse than a cold when it's actually cold out) And that didn't seem to be working. I woke up each morning feeling worse than the day before. So today I decided to try a different approach:

Beat the stupid thing into submission!!

So I went to CrossFit, with the hope that I would have a WOD that would get me moving, and make the stupid, icky, cold go away. No such luck unfortunately. It was one of the stupid "minute" workouts. 1 pullup in the 1st minute, 2 in the 2nd, 3 in the 3rd, etc... So basically for the first few minutes I did a few pull-ups and then stood around. Plus, non 5:30am people showed up and took the 3 blue bands, so I was relegated back to the easier green band. So I put myself through 14 minutes of this and 105 pull-ups when I decided enough was enough. It never got hard, but there comes a point where you just don't want to do any more pull-ups. So I went out for an 800m run and called it a day.

Got home and realized my new approach may not have been the best. Felt very dizzy, couldn't bring myself to drink/eat anything and had to go lay down. So now that I'm at work I'm back to the old method....pumping myself full of Vitamin C by drinking Emergen-C all day.... fun fun!

No comments: