Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm a bad blogger...

Yes, I'm bad at this lately. It's been a busy couple of days. Flew out to Dallas on Wednesday, lots of work mainly until yesterday when I arrived in Austin!! Hooray! It's been far too long. But it's also far too hot here! Seriously, they have had 47 days of triple digits this year, and that number is only continuing to grow. As much as I love it here, that's kind of ridiculous, and I don't do well with heat. Which is why today's schedule will probably include time in the pool along with time in the A/C! :)

The only sad part about being out here is that I'm missing CrossFit. Yes, my addiction is bad. I keep checking the WOD's and see all the fun I'm missing out on. Back at it as soon as I'm home though!!

Oh yeah, and last weekend I was at the Tour of Elk Grove all weekend. I promised to blog about it, but that hasn't happened yet. Here are the highlights.
  • Saturday was cold and rainy!! Who would think you would need jeans and a hoodie on August 1st??
  • Sunday was so much better! Sunny, 80 degrees, barely and humidity. Perfect!
  • I had a great time "working" Sunday - who doesn't love getting paid to hang out, talk to people about bikes, watch some great racing, and have access to the VIP tent.
  • Got so close to Floyd Landis and Chris Horner! I seriously could have reached out and pet Chris during the call-ups, but I was a good girl, and I didn't

That's about it! Happy weekend everyone! :)

No comments: