Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My first run event!!

I did it, I finished my very first official running event! All in all it was a great day. I felt very nervous as I got to the start line, but as it turns out there was no reason to be. I knew I could do the run, but for some reason, having a number attached to my Skirt made this scarier than just heading out for a run on my own. I made a mental note to run my own pace and not try to keep up with anyone else, which worked out very well. For a large part of the run I felt like I was running in my own little bubble. Every time I turned a corner I had to check to make sure there were still people behind me, because I felt like I might be that last person out there. I felt really good through the whole thing, so I know I maybe could have pushed it a little harder, but it was great learning experience. Knowing when to push it and when to old back will come with experience!

Feeling good for my next challenge. Half marathon in Indianapolis on Nov. 7!! So glad that my new friend, Katie (My Skirt Sista's real sister) will be there as well. She will be doing the full, but it will ne nice to know someone else out there! So if you find yourself bored on Nov. 7, go to Indianapolis and cheer me on! :)

No comments: