Thursday, September 3, 2009

The SkirtChaser Denver race report!

My trip started on Thursday, and I arrived at the SkirtSports headquarters in Boulder! I have to say, I was pretty excited to be at the center of it all. I arrived and was surprised by nothing; pink walls, Skirts everywhere, and Nicole walking around barefoot! I hung out for a while, ran a very important errand with Nicole (picking up lunch!) and did some warehouse shopping. Oh my goodness….so exciting and completely overwhelming to be surrounded by that many Skirts!! The fall line looks amazing, and I can’t wait to get my hands on more of it. I also snuck a peak at the Spring 2010 line that they were working on, and from what I saw, we should all be prepared to unleash our inner Surfer-Chick! :)

Friday was packet pick-up at a store called Outdoor Divas in Denver. Nothing special to report. Lots of people came, signed up, picked up packets, etc…

Now on to the good stuff… race day!! Absolutely perfect weather!! I started the day off by attempting to go for a run….but there is no air in Denver! Honestly Kristina and Jess, I don’t know how you ladies do it! Way to go! Race day preparations went well. All of the girls got a work-out by hauling all of the metal fences down a block since the rental company was nice enough to drop them in the wrong spot. Those suckers are heavy and really awkward to carry! Where were the boys of Red Rock Co. during all of this?? They were “supervising and organizing”. No worries, the girls Skirted up and got it done! :)

We had a great expo at the race! Some of my favorites… Sherpani (their new line looks great! So colorful and fun!), the guys that brought a tub of Silk Chocolate Milk (honestly, I don’t remember who they were or what they were there for, but that chocolate milk was a life saver!), Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue (who doesn’t love hanging out with cute dogs??) and of course Go Girl (www.go-girl.com seriously, check it out, I couldn’t make this stuff up…).

And then of course the race started. I made sure to get through the crowd of guys before they were “unleashed” and make sure they all knew what they were chasing, the “Chase Me Sticker”! These guys are very grateful that we go through and label the single ones for them! They all made sure they had their single stickers on as well and then were off. But none of them were fast enough….a Skirt crossed the line first….in 17:27!! The Skirts are definitely kicking booty this year!!

After the race we had a great block party. The band was rocking, the Oskar Blues was never ending, and everyone had a great time on a gorgeous Denver evening.

To sum up, I have my highlight and lowlight of the race day!!

Highlight: getting the 2 guys from the radio station to wear Skirts all day! One rocked the pink Uptown Girl and the other had the red Race Collection. And these guys loved them! They wore them all day… Lilly from Skirt made sure to get them on video discussing the “comfort factor”.

Lowlight: Aladdin water bottles…. Ugg… I know all of the participants enjoyed having their water (it was hose water…shhh don’t tell) handed to them in a reusable water bottle at the finish line. But us volunteers sure didn’t enjoy opening the 250ish boxes of water bottles, removing all 1500ish of them from the plastic, unscrewing the tops, filling them all with water and rescrewing the tops back on. Oh and did I mention breaking down all of those stupid cardboard boxes?? But hey, at least I got to keep one! :)

No comments: