Monday, March 9, 2009

Completely unremarkable weekend...

Can't say that I have anything exciting to report from the weekend, except that I did a lot of sleeping, and when I wasn't doing that I was sitting on my couch watching tv... Now before you go and call me lazy, let me tell you that I needed it! That stupid sickness just wouldn't go away. I was battling a fever, cough, congestion, headache, etc... It was awesome. I got home from work on Friday around 6pm and promptly fell asleep on the couch only to wake up at 11pm in order to relocate to the bed and sleep for another 12 hours. Yep, 17 hours of straight sleep.....awesome.

Now being sick and being forced to sleep a lot wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't missed out on so much fun this weekend. I was supposed to do a lot of fun stuff this weekend, but sadly had to miss out. Medieval Times with friends on Friday night, Sara's shower Saturday afternoon, and the Modern Day Romeos concert Saturday night. Luckily there will always be other Medieval Times shows, Sara is having another shower and the Modern Day Romeos will be playing more shows sometime. So fun will be had eventually.

I did manage to leave my house last night (for the first time all weekend) to go to my mom's house to celebrate her birthday with a delicious spaghetti dinner. I wasn't so sure about food on the way over there, but once I started eating I was ok with it. So we had a nice evening with good food and good times. Then home where I took my NyQuil and fell asleep.

I'm still not at 100% unfortunately. Luckily the fever has gone away so I am at least able to maintain a constant body temerature, which is nice, but I have added constant dizziness into the mix. Please don't ask me to explain how I was able to drive into work without hitting anything this morning... Here's hoping I'm just as lucky on the way home... :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you get better soon!!! Being sick is no fun. I'll let you know about the shower in Champaign as soon as we decide when it is going to be!