Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A first....

Last night, I decided to hit up computrainer again. I was sick of feeling completely run down and not being able to do anything. So I decided to just go, and see how it went. For the most part, it was good, but I did have to do something that I swore I would never do. I had to pull on the Zensah calf compression sleeves during the ride! :-o

Now, any of you that are triathletes are probably thinking, so what?? That's what they're for! But I'm not a triathlete and I preferred to wear my compression in secret, for recovery. But I was about 50 minutes into the ride and I felt the cramping coming on, and I knew I couldn't hold it off for another 40 minutes especially with some really hard efforts coming up. So I decided I could suffer, quit, or look a little silly. I opted for looking silly. And boy did I! I had also opted to wear my Bike Girl skirt last night....which on it's own was a great decision, I always feel better in SkirtSports! But the combination of the bike skirt, and the calf sleeves, made me look like a school girl with knee high socks. Bright blue socks I might add! Luckily the guys in class didn't care, and they were just glad I was there to kick butt. It wasn't a stellar performance by any means, but I was able to finish strong without lowering my FTP, and I felt good about that. So I'm back. No more feeling tired and getting worn out after walks with the dog. I've got everything in the car for a run at the gym on the way home. Sadly, our nice, warm, sunny weather that we had yesterday only hung around for a day, today we're back to temps in the 40's with a chance of rain, so the gym sounds like a better option for me. My lungs don't like cold air! Yes, I do know that most runners would say high 40's is perfect, but I'm not a "runner" so for me, it's too cold!

Back in it.....bring it on!

No comments: