Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend accomplishments!

I actually had a pretty productive weekend. I was able to get around to most of the things I needed to do, although a few of them were put off for more important (aka more fun) things.

Saturday: Woke up with the intention of heading out for a ride, walked outside, didn't feel too bad, although there was some wind. Checked the weather report: Saturday - 20-30mph winds, Sunday - 5-10mph winds. So I switched the workouts, and headed out for a run instead! Got in a good 4.5 miles. Yea! Wearing my race series skirt always makes me feel a little faster. :) After getting cleaned up, I went and met Mom and Veronica for lunch, and then off to get a pedicure with mom. Normally I'm a paint my own toes kind of girl, but when mom is paying pedicures sure are nice! :) After that I took my car for an oil change and a nice wash - hooray for a clean shiny car! Then I tackled the big project - making my old patio table look slightly less crappy. Project involved wire brushing and scraping the table, then priming and then painting. I probably should have spent a little more timing on removing the old paint, but it was a lot of work! Table isn't perfect - but it's definitely better and useable.

Sunday: Woke up for my ride! Nice and sunny, not much wind, but a little chilly. Needed the arm warmers and knee warmers, but all in all not bad. I did a solid 40 miles through the hilly area of Barrington Hills and could definitely feel it. I tried to attack all of the hills as best as I could since I apparently don't have the attention span for long rides anymore. After the ride, I stopped in the shop to pick up some stuff, then picked up some delicious Jimmy Johns. It always tastes good after a ride! After getting cleaned up I put Ginger in the car (so much for the nice clean dog hair free car!) and headed to Veronica's house so we could take our dogs for some play time. Walked over to the forest preserve and had a nice long walk and then let the dogs run and swim at the lake. Ginger was a very happy girl! After that, I really should have headed home to clean my house and do some laundry, but instead we went over to Matt and Tee's house for a bbq. Unfortunately the "grill masters" took FOREVER to cook, but I guess it was worth the wait, because it was pretty delicious. Finally headed home around 9:30 and passed out. It was a very long day!

Super early wake up call for boot camp this morning. I always hate getting up, but once I'm up I'm good to go. Tough day as my legs were pretty tired from yesterday since the foam roller time also got scrapped because of the bbq. It's going to be a long day at work because it's super quiet here. All of the branch directors are in town for a quarterly meeting so all of the VP's are over at the hotel for that. Maybe it means I can sneak out early?? :) Only 8 hours to go....

No comments: