Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What a way to finish....

Yesterday was just a mess....well mostly. Work was a disaster, just one thing after another. Got an e-mail from my boss this morning that simply stated "What's going on????" after he saw an e-mail about us canceling some work last minute and still needing to pay because the vendor was already on site. Yeah, it's going to be a fun one to explain.

So, I decided to give myself something to smile about once the work day was over. So I stopped into Runners High n' Tri since I noticed through the window the other day that some of the new SkirtSports stuff was in. Unfortunately they didn't have much, but I did settle on a lime green WonderGirl tee....everyone needs a little lime green in their wardrobe! :) And it's a color that definitley makes you smile.

I also spent some time in the store talking with Pom, she's awesome! I mentioned to her how I felt like I was stuck at my 5K distance and was having good and bad days with the running. She advised me to slow it down a little at the beginning and see how it went. I know that I usually start out a little faster because Ginger gets excited and pulls me along at the beginning. So when I got home and get ready for the run, I went out with the intention of keeping it a little slower at first. Ginger didn't like being reined in, but she got used to it. And sure enough, the advice worked!! I felt good longer and ran farther!! I recorded my longest run yet....4.2 miles, and I probably could have kept going, but didn't want to push it too much since I had boot camp in the morning. And in the end I still finished with a respectable average of 8:50/mile. I even got a little encouragement from Paula Radcliffe - world's fastest female marathoner, congratulating me on my longest run at the end of it. Nice. Nike really has figured out how to keep people motivated. I wonder who else I can get to talk to me?!

Today is starting out much better. Woke up bright and early for boot camp, got 2nd place in the "plank-off" and afterwards got to head home for a nice breakfast, nap and shower before coming into work a little late today. Have to give tours of the warehouse all day, so I'll keep moving, which will hopefully keep any soreness away. And then tonight is yoga night. Woo hoo! Trying out a new instructor, so we'll see how it goes.

And with that....Happy Wednesday everyone! :)

No comments: