Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekends are not long enough....

I feel that all weekends should be at least 3 days, 2 just isn't enough. But since that doesn't seem to be an option lately, moving on....

Saturday wasn't looking good from the beginning. Woke up to head out for a ride and looked out the window. Sad....lots of clouds, looked like a very serious threat of rain. I really wasn't interested in getting caught in the rain on the bike, so I decided to try and wait it out a little. Checked weather.com and saw a large green area of where I live. Bad news. So I waited a little longer, still no better. So I decided to head out for a run isntead. Running in the rain is much more pleasant, plus I can get out of the rain much faster when I'm a mile from home rather than 20 miles from the car! So I skirted up and headed out. Surprised myself actually. Finished a great 4.2 miles after not running in about a week...nice!

After the run, my mom and I explored the local art fair. Nothing super exciting except the very cute yellow lab puppy I saw! :) After the art fair it was party time! Backyard party at Colleen and Nick's. Played some bags (I definitely carried the team - way to go Nick!) and ate some good food, and of course drank some beer. It was a fantastic evening of hanging out with 3 married couples, 1 couple that is living together and....me. Ah well. I was happy to be the 9th wheel.

Today was a shop day. Typical work day, except for one added factor....the "X factor". I did my best to not make a big deal, and I think I did a pretty good job of it. Was ok for most of the day, it got a little tougher towards the end of the day (aparently 3 hours of that situation is about my limit), and then everything kind of all hit me when it was time to go home, so I got the heck out of there. Apparently it's supposed to get easier. I'm waiting for that day. Today I was really tempted to take up a friend's offer to walk in and give him one of those "should've had a V8" bops in the forehead though. Ahh...that would have been good.

And with that....moving on....and signing out. Early to bed to get ready for the 2nd session of boot camp tomorrow morning! :)

No comments: