Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Wow, this has to be one of the craziest things I have read: Prisoners Cycle around France

Apparently they are letting a group of 196 French prisoners go on their own Tour De France. They will cycle 1,400 miles and stop in 17 towns along the way, and will stay in hotels at each town. Now to me, this sounds like a dream vacation and not a prison sentence. One of the inmates was quoted as, "It's a kind of escape for us, a chance to break away from the daily reality of prison" Now I thought the idea of prison was that you couldn't get away from the daily reality of it, it's supposed to be a punishment! Not a place where you get trained and get to go on cycling trips around the country. If that's what prison is turning into, then sign me up! Let me know what I need to do to get locked up there!

No comments: