Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dropkick Murphys!

So at the last minute yesterday I decided to see if I could get tickets to the sold out Dropkick Murphys show, I knew my sister was going with a bunch of her friends and they had a VIP room, so it sounded like fun. Plus, who doesn't love a little Irish punk rock every now and then?


So I found a guy on Craigslist offering a ticket and arranged to meet at the show. I then hurried home and made it onto the 5:30 train heading for the city. I met some other people on the train who were heading to the show as well, so when we got off we decided to walk over to the venue together. It was supposed to be a 1.3 mile walk....no big deal, it was actually not super cold out. Well, I learned the lesson of never believing that the other person knows where they are going, basically we took a wrong turn and went way out of the way! The 1.3 mile walk turned into at least 2-3 miles. Awesome. Once we got there, everything went well though. Found the guy with my ticket at the will call window, which allowed me to bypass the line at the door, found my sister and headed up to our "sky suite". Got there in time to hear the last half of the set for "Big D and the Kids Table", they were just ok, so I wasn't too concerned with missing them. Then Dropkick came out!! Awesome, I definitely heart Irish Punk! :) I was very thankful we were up in the sky suite though. There was definitely some moshing going on down on the floor, and I really wanted nothing to do with that. My sister and some of her friends went down for a while, and she came back complaining of a bruised rib.....why does moshing sound fun??? All in all, it was a good night: great music, fun people, some drinks, new friends and very little sleep. Today is turning out to be a long one!

No comments: