Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday funday....

See people, this is what happens when you don't leave comments! I stop posting! So get the comments coming! :)

This weekend was basically filled with cycling and other bike related things. Friday I went over to the shop to help a guy from work do some bike shopping. Little did I know I would end up being there for 3 hours, and sadly I wasn't officially working so I don't get paid. :( Saturday morning I woke up early and went out for a TNT ride, with a temperature hanging right around 30 degrees! Brr.... I actually had to walk up a hill at one point, not because it was too steep (those don't exist here in Illinois) but because it was covered in ice! Later that afternoon I headed over to the Chicago Bike Show. Not as exciting as I hoped it would be, but I looked at some nice bikes and talked the the American Bicycle Racing people about doing some Time Trials later this year! I'll keep everyone updated on how that develops! This morning I went and did a power test, I definitely did way too much riding this week, so I couldn't go as hard as I would have liked during the test, but I still reached my goal of getting an FTP of 200 watts! :) Then it was straight over to Village to work my first official shift! And I sold a bike! There is definitely a lot to learn, but working at the shop is definitely going to be fun.

Ok, well I'm gearing up for the trip to Austin on Wednesday! Can't wait to get out there!!

No comments: