Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hey Big Spender....

So there has been a lot of spending this weekend, some of it was necessary and some was just fun. On Friday I took my car into the shop to hopefully get rid of the terrible noises it was making. Turns out my power steering hoses were cracked and had leaked all of the fluid. So they replaced some hoses and that problem was gone. But then they also discovered that the thermostat didn't work. Which means 2 things, the engine doesn't operate at the correct temperature and you don't get heat in the car!! So that's why I've been so cold all winter! So that got fixed too, and now there is actually warm air coming out of the vents in my car, so much better! I blame living in Texas for not thinking to get it looked at sooner. I honestly had forgotten what a car's heater should do!

Now on to the fun stuff! So the forecast for the weekend was cold and snowy (it never ends!) so I knew we would be doing our TNT training in spin class once again, and I decided I was tired of doing spin class in running shoes since I don't have SPD on my cycling shoes. So off to the bike shop to utilize my discount (it's going to get me in trouble!) and get some new shoes! Decided to go with some mountain shoes since I will probably put flat/spd combo pedals on my single speed and wanted shoes I could walk in. So I went for these Shimanos, they're definitely white, but I wanted something different!

And now for the most exciting purchase, which was also somewhat necessary. 2 weeks ago my tv decided to stop turning on, so it was time to shop for a new one! I decided I would finally just go for the HDTV, so I headed over to Best Buy. I ended up getting one a little nicer than I had planned on, but I was able to bargain and get them to take $100 off the price and I get 2 years of no interest since I used the Best Buy credit card that I already had. So at the end of the day, it's a pretty good deal! :) And it's beautiful! A Samsung 37" LCD. I'm currently sitting here watching the UK/Florida basketball game, purely because it's in HD! :)

Today there is a ban on spending! Well except for taking Ginger to get all of her shots and a bath. She is not going to be a happy dog! But I'm sure she will be spoiled tonight with lots of loving and some special food as well.

Hopefully I will come up with something more entertaining for everyone to read soon! :)

No comments: