Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vision Quest...

So I had my first TNT@VQ session last night. For those that don't know what Vision Quest is, it's the coaching program run by Robbie Ventura, who once rode on the Postal Team with Lance. It's also the coaching program that was used by Floyd Landis. Which was probably my main decider in choosing to do it, if it's good enough for Floyd then it's good enough for me! Luckily our TNT Coach, Dan Jerger, is one of their coaches, so he was able to get some time just for our TNT team. There's also a chance that Robbie may stop in for one of our sessions, and that's just cool!

Going in, I knew this week would be tough, I am finishing up my computrainer classes with the bike shop this week, so I had class with them Monday night where we did 2 20 minute intervals at 96% threshold, along with plenty of other challenges like 1-legged pedaling drills, cadence spin ups, and stomps (i.e. pushing a ridiculous # of watts for 15 seconds). So I went in on Tuesday knowing my legs would not be up for top performance. So we get the bikes on the trainers and Coach Dan announces what we're doing. "Tonight we're going to be doing 2X20's at 96%." Seriously??? Didn't I just do that?? But I pushed through it. Coach Dan suggested I could lower my threshold power number if I needed to. At that point he didn't understand how stubborn I am about finishing any ride I start! But he understood by the end of the night. :) All in all, VQ is a great place to get a good work-out. Unfortunately our class is right at the end of the night so I couldn't stick around to utilize all of their great equipment for core and stretching out. (That's the main plan for tonight in order to rest the legs and get ready for Thursday's computrainer workout!)

The other amazing part about VQ is that all of the VQ athletes store their bikes there. So when you walk in you just see amazing bikes hanging everywhere!! Saw plenty of Orbea's, and even a Look, Quintana Roo and a Blue!! :) I was like a kid in a candy store! Can't wait to go next week and see what else I can find.

That's all for now, there will probably be another post about something or other later on today so that I can keep up with Colleen! She's setting the blogging bar pretty high!

No comments: