Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thawing out....

So we finally got to ride outdoors today with TNT! Unfortunately it was right around 32 degrees and cloudy when we started, definitely cold! Plenty of people showed up though, and we all got bundled up as best we could. I, unfortunately, left both my toe covers and full shoe covers at home, so I knew I was going to have some cold feet. :( I did wear my Texas jersey though, just to help me think warm thoughts! Sadly, I had to cover it up with my jacket immediately and no one saw it after that. Don't worry Central Texas TNT'ers.....I will definitely be representing the Texans on the rides out here plenty of times!

I rolled out with a group of 3 right off the bat and soon learned they were the fastest group on the team. Awesome! We were instructed to just ride out 45 minutes and then turn back in. Unfortunately because of some pretty nasty road conditions and lots of turns in the beginning of the ride we only got out about 12ish miles. I was feeling almost "warm" on the way out, but then we turned around and the wind hit us right in the face. And I'm cold again.... I could definitely feel my lungs as well, as they are really not used to working hard in the cold air. So sadly, I was doing more wheel sucking than pulling, but I stuck with the group all the way in. I hope to ride with these guys for the majority of the season as they will definitely challenge me. Apparently they were taking it easy today! If going 16 mph directly into a tough wind is taking it easy, then I know I have some challenges in store for me! Yea! :)

We then went out to breakfast, all I could think about was migas. But Randall's Pancake House in St. Charles, IL definitely doesn't have migas. So I decided to go with the Mexican omelet and sadly, it was very disappointing. I stopped in the bike shop on the way home to do some work on my rear derailleur, as it wasn't shifting right during the ride. And now I'm at home, happily sitting on the couch watching the Illini game, hoping they can pull out another amazing win! :)

GO ILLINI!!

No comments: